Asian Style Slaw
Delicious Asian Slaw for a yummy lunch or to accompany a main meal.
Serves 4 as a main, or 8 as a side.
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups of shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups of grated carrot
- 1 red capsicum finely sliced
- 1 cup of edamame beans (shelled and cooked)
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- ½ cup of peanuts (chopped if you prefer)
- Handful of coriander chopped
- 4 tbsp of rice/sushi vinegar
- 1 tbsp of a neutral flavoured oil e.g. extra virgin canola
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsbp smooth peanut butter
- 1 chilli finely chopped (more if you like it hot)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
How to make it:
1) Mix the cabbage, carrot, capsicum, spring onions, peanuts and coriander together in a large bowl
2) To make the dressing simply mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl or put them into a
clean jam jar and shake thoroughly until the peanut butter is completely mixed in.
3) Pour the dressing over the salad and stir through
Serve it up:
- Perfect to enjoy with grilled or shredded chicken, tofu or fish.
- Add an extra sprinkle of nuts if you like!
- You can use white wine vinegar if you don’t have sushi/rice vinegar
- If you want to take to work the next day, don’t add dressing to the whole mixture, you are best to add that just before you serve it.