Chicken Satay Zoodles
Looking for a meal lighter on carbs? Then give this vege-packed meal a whirl with carrot and zucchini noodles. It’s made with spiralized veges, and you’ll be forgiven for thinking you’re eating a big bowl of pasta! I took the hard work out of spiralizing by using my Kenwood spiralizer!
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger – finely chopped/grated
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce – reduced salt
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (or fresh chilli)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups of chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 3 zucchini – spiralized
- 2 large carrots – spiralized
- 1 capsicum – sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander – chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onions – diced
- chopped, unsalted roasted peanuts and lemon/lime wedges (optional as a garnish)
How to make:
- First make the peanut sauce. Place the garlic, ginger, peanut butter, lemon juice and zest, soy sauce, chilli and coconut milk into a small bowl and mix together, set to one side.
- Heat oil in a large non stick pan or wok on a high heat and fry onion until soft.
- Add the spiralized zucchini, carrots and capsicum to the pan and cook until just softened, around 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chicken, peanut sauce, coriander and spring onions and toss together until all warmed through.
Garnish with peanuts and wedges of lemon/lime if desired.