Courgette Chocolate Brownie
This courgette chocolate brownie is so yummy, and a great way to get veges into your children’s diet!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- ½ cup ground LSA
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups peeled and grated courgettes
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 180°c and line an 8’’x8’’ pan with baking paper or spray with oil.
2) In a large bowl, mix in the eggs, vanilla, honey/maple syrup, and apple sauce.
3) In a separate bowl, sift flour and cocoa, add baking soda and LSA. Make sure there are no clumps.
4) Add the dry mix to the wet, gently stir until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
5) Fold in the courgette and add the cup of chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips.
6) Pour the mixture into the baking tray and spread evenly with a spatula.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle doesn’t come out gooey.
8) Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.