Healthy Snack Ideas
Do you struggle to come up with ideas for healthy snacks? If you are looking for some new ideas that ADD a BOOST of nutrition to your day and help you feel awesome, well…as if by magic, I have the answer. Here are some NEW ideas for healthy snacks:
Snacks for on the go:
– 3 Brazil nuts and 3 dried figs – a great dose of selenium and fibre
– Handful of MiniWheats or MiniBix cereal – filling and fibre rich
– Homemade ENERGY balls from Lose Weight for Life
– 1 tbsp. of pumpkin seeds and 3 dried apricots
– Snack pack of sushi – check out the range at St Pierre’s
Snacks for home:
– A peeled frozen banana – it is like ice cream, but seriously good for you!
– Mini health shake – blend a handful of frozen berries, 1 tbsp of vanilla or chocolate protein powder and 1 cup of chilled water or low fat milk
– Unsweetened yogurt (I love Bio Farm low fat yogurt and De Winkles) with 1 tbsp of muesli or other breakfast cereal stirred through – this can also be a good ‘on the go’ snack if you have this in a small plastic container and use a chilly bag (we have great chilly bags at Mission Nutrition)
– Raw veggies box with a healthy dip – homemade ones are great like hummus or tzatziki, some nice bought ones are the Turkish Kitchen kumara and lentil or hummus, ideally with less than 10% fat for yogurt based dips.