Homemade vegetable crisps
Entertaining? Add a healthier option to the platter spread with homemade vegetable crisps.
They are really simple to make (especially if you have a food processor to help with all the slicing) and go perfect with a homemade dip (like my red kidney bean dip).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 large beetroot
- Spray oil
You may want to mix up quantities, depending on how many crisps you need, but remember, a little goes a long way!
How to make:
1) Preheat your oven to 140 degrees celsius.
2) Using the thin slicing blade on your food processor, slice the vegetables up very thinly then dry if necessary on paper towel.
3) Place sliced vegetables flat on a lined baking tray so that the vegetable slices don’t overlap (you may need a couple of trays or to do in a couple of batches). Spray with oil to coat.
4) Cook for around 50 minutes to 1 hour or until vegetables are lightly browned. Keep an eye on them during cooking and turn when necessary so they don’t burn, as some vegetables will cook a little faster than others.
5) Remove from oven, allow the crisps to cool, then toss together and serve.