Jelly Tip Ice Cream Bars
It’s not a Kiwi summer without jelly tip ice cream, right?! So here is a healthy twist on this classic favourite.
For the Raspberry Jelly
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 4 tbs water
- 1 tbs maple syrup (optional)
For the Ice Cream:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cream
- 2 large ripe frozen banana sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 250g dark chocolate – melted
How to make:
- Soak chia seeds in the water for 5 minutes then whisk together with the raspberries in a blender (I used the food processor attachment on my awesome Kenwood Chef).
- Pour the raspberry mixture into the bottom of 8 ice cream moulds.
- Rinse blender then blend the coconut milk, banana and vanilla extract in the blender until smooth then top the moulds up with the ice cream mixture, insert wooden lollipop sticks into the centre of each one and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove them gently from their moulds (if a little stuck then leave for a few minutes and try again) and coat with the melted chocolate immediately. A pastry brush or teaspoon works well. The chocolate will set quickly so tuck in or pop back into the freezer until you’re ready.
Tip: try not to coat too thickly with chocolate to reduce the risk of breakage when biting into it!!