Light Lemon Cheesecake
Here’s a dessert to share that even your gluten-free friends can enjoy! This recipe is a light, healthier version of cheesecake and I guarantee it will go down a TREAT!
The base is raw, made with nuts and dates (which I whizz together in my Kenwood food processor) with a cooked topping.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup raw mixed unsalted nuts
- Dates pitted x20, soaked with boiling water beforehand (or approx 5-6 Medjool dates)
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil, gently melted
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of light cream cheese
- Zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 6 tbsp of sugar
How to make:
1) Preheat oven to 150c then grease and line a 20cm circular loose bottom tin (or tin of your choice) with baking paper and set aside.
2) To make the base, gently melt the coconut oil or butter in the microwave or by placing it in a heatproof bowl over a pan of steaming water with the heat turned off.
3) Place the desiccated coconut and nuts into a food processor and blend until the mixture looks like chunky crumbs.
4) Add the dates (ensuring you have removed the pits!), lemon zest and coconut oil/butter then blend in a food processor until well combined. Press the base mixture evenly into the prepared tin, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
5) Clean the food processor bowl and blade then put all the ingredients for the filling into the food processor and blend together until smooth and well combined. Don’t panic if it’s quite runny as it will set in the oven.
6) Carefully pour cheesecake filling over cooked base. Bake for approx 50 mins – 1 hour or until just set (the filling should have a slight wobble).
7) Set aside to cool. Once completely cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with your choice of fruit topping if desired!