Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream
Love mint choc chip ice cream? Give this healthier version a whirl!
- 1 large frozen banana
- ¼ cup of baby spinach
- 1-2 drops of peppermint extract/essence
- 2-3 slices of avocado (if in season, ok to leave out if not)
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips/chunks
This amount serves 1, but multiply depending on the number of servings you wish to make.
How to make:
- Remove banana(s) from the freezer and leave for 10 minutes to thaw slightly.
- Blend the spinach in your food processor until finely chopped (I use either my Kenwood Food Processor or Triblade Hand Blender for this)
- With a sharp knife slice up the banana(s).
- Add the chopped banana to the food processor along with the peppermint extract/essence and avocado if you have some. Blend until smooth.
- Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
• Freeze ripe bananas in a plastic food bag, remove the skin BEFORE freezing
• This ice cream is best served straight away, it doesn’t freeze well.