New year, new you?
Rather than thinking about going on a diet this year, where you are likely to re-gain more weight than you lose, instead I would love you to shift your focus on these positive changes that will help you to make it EASY to eat well.
1) Put MORE good things in your body (rather than focusing on all the things you ‘should’ be having less off)…
- Have vege packed lunches, dinners and snacks and enjoy plenty of plant-based foods.
- Get adequate protein in your meals so that you still feel satisfied.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep yourself well hydrated and avoid mindless eating when you might have actually just been thirsty! To keep things interesting, I mix it up with still and sparkling water using my @SodastreamNZ and add herbs and sliced fruit for a bit of interest.
2) Honour your hunger and fullness. We all have an innate ability to know when we are full, but the habits we’ve built around eating have caused us to forget how to tune in to this – it is so easy just to eat on autopilot!!
To help you get back in tune with your appetite and track your hunger and fullness, I’ve put together some helpful resources for you. Check these out in this link.
Best of luck, here’s to an AWESOME year ahead xx