Oven baked hash browns
Hashbrowns are such a delicious addition to a cooked breakfast. But the ones you buy in store are often not the most healthy of options.
Luckily, they’re actually really easy to whip up at home with just a few simple ingredients that you probably have at hand. I also bake these in the oven, rather than frying!
I make it even easier with the help of my Kenwood food processor to help with the slicing.
Ingredients: (makes approx 8 hashbrowns)
- 3 large eggs beaten, I use free range
- 1 onion, peeled
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- Clove of garlic, crushed
How to make it:
1) Grate the potato and onion. I use my amazing Kenwood Food Processor to make this super quick and easy.
2) Put the grated potato and onion at the centre of a tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
3) Place the dry mix into a bowl and beat in the eggs. Add garlic then salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
4) On a lined baking tray, shape handfuls of the mixture into rounds. Put them on the tray and gently flatten, brush with oil.
5) Bake at 200°C for around 15 minutes. Flip them over, pat them down and then cook for a further 15-20 minutes until they are crispy.
Serve with your choice of breakfast additions, like avocado, tomatoes, poached eggs or salmon!