Thai-style prawn salad with crunchy vegetables
Here is a delicious prawn salad that will accommodate your next BBQ or next meal quite nicely!
Ingredients (Serve 4)
- Oil – pump spray
- 500g prawns (defrosted)
- 1 red capsicum – thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum – thinly sliced
- 6 inches of cucumber – thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 red onion – thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
How to make it;
1) Firstly make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together – place to on side.
2) Place the sliced capsicums, cucumber, spinach, tomatoes and onion in to a large bowl and mix together.
3) Next, heat a wok with a few pumps of spray oil.
4) Add prawns to the wok for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Put the prawns straight into the bowl of salad veggies.
5) Pour over the dressing and serve on a large platter.
Top tip: You can serve with on its own or with brown rice or grainy bread.
Adapt it: You can make this with chicken or tofu instead of prawns.
- KJ = 745
- Carbs = 11g
- Protein = 28g
- Fat = 2g
- Fibre = 3g