Banana & Blueberry Blender Muffins
Everyone will love these easy to make muffins!
Ingredients: (Makes approx. 40 mini muffins or 18 medium sized muffins)
- 3/4 cup pitted dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup high grade flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or raspberries)
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease mini muffin trays (or use paper liners in medium sized muffin trays)
- Put dates into a glass jug and pour over ½ cup of boiling water, cover the top of the glass jug with a piece of paper towel and put into the microwave for 1 minute to allow the dates to soften. Cool dates slightly and place them (along with any of the remaining water they were soaking in) into your food processor and blitz on high speed until smooth. I use my AMAZING Kenwood Food Processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredient to the food processor (apart from the berries) and blend on high until combined.
- Remove the blade from the food processor then stir the blueberries through the batter (it’s fine it they are still frozen).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and bake the mini muffins for 8-10minutes, and the larger ones for 15-20minutes (depending on the size) or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes in the trays, then remove and place onto a wire cooling rack.
Top tip: These muffins freeze really well, you can put them into a lunch box in the morning frozen and they should be defrosted by lunch time and help keep everything else cold!