Claire’s ‘health kick’ omelette
If you are looking for a way to get the goodness of green veggies, bags of protein and a dose of fabulous omega 3 I have it covered in this quick and easy recipe – perfect for breakfast, lunch or a light meal.
1 tsp oil
1 red onion – finely sliced
3 handfuls of leafy green veggies (spinach, silver beet and baby kale are ideal)
100g smoked salmon
Handful of cherry tomatoes – sliced into halves
4 eggs – beaten with 1 tbsp water
1. In a medium non-stick pan heat the oil and add the red onion, soften over a low heat.
2. Add the green veggies into the pan, place over a lid and allow them to wilt and soften.
3. Add the beaten eggs and allow to cook through for 2-3 minutes.
4. Place the cherry tomatoes and slices of salmon on top (push them into the egg mixture a little).
5. Cook for 2-3 more minutes until egg starts to set.
6. Either flip the omelette to cook on the other side, or to keep it looking pretty – pop under a grill for a few minutes to go brown on top.
Serve with extra salad veggies ideally – yummy!
– If you want to make this for 1 person, just halve the recipe, super easy!
– If tomatoes are really pricey where you shop, just add more greens and leave them out
Love healthy recipes? Sign up to receive inspiration and idea from me every fortnight, click here >> download the “Claire’s 10 step plan to feel fabulous every day” and you will be added to the list – it’s FREE