Make dinner more interesting with this super tasty Mexican inspired rice dish!
- 400g basmati rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 handfuls of parsley or coriander, or a mix of the two
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups reduced salt chicken stock/veg stock
- 100 mls water
How to make:
- Whizz the garlic, onions, herbs and 1 tbsp of the olive oil until it creates a thick green puree. I used my Kenwood Triblade hand blender for this.
- Heat the second tbsp of olive oil in a pan and over a medium heat, cook the puree for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and stir, pour over the stock and water and cook over a low heat with a lid on for approx 15-20mins or until the rice is cooked through.