Green Pea Power Soup
A delicious veggie packed soup you just have to try!
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups red lentils
- 4 cups frozen peas (defrosted)
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp. chilli powder (more if you like)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Black pepper
How to make it:
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onions, garlic cook for 4-5 minutes until soft
2) Add celery, carrots, cumin and chilli to the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes
3) Add stock and lentils to the pan
4) Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for a further 20-25minutes
5) Add the defrosted peas to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, add extra water if needed.
6) Season with black pepper
7) You can either enjoy the soup with the chunky vegetables or blend it up before serving.
Serve it up
– Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt or lite sour cream.
– Ideally, use a homemade stock or if you use ready made, opt for a reduced salt variety