Healthier chocolate mousse? You heard right!
You would never believe that something which looks so good and tastes unbelievably delicious could be good for you! It is all down to the how it is made and the secret ingredient….
This is a chocolate mousse with a difference. Made from avocado, cocoa and a touch of honey or maple syrup for sweetness. I have been making this for friends and family whenever avocados have been on special (or I have found a stand on the side of the road with a good deal!) andthe feedback I have had – out of this world.
Ingredients: (serves 4 – 6)
- 2 large avocados
- 5 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder (I use equagold dutch cocoa for a really dark chocolaty taste)
- Good squeeze of honey (or maple syrup) – to your taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest & juice of 2-3 large oranges
How to make:
1) Remove skin and seed from the avocados and pop them into a blender. Blend until smooth.
2) Add cocoa powder, orange juice, orange zest and honey or maple syrup – blend again.
3) Add extra orange juice or water or milk if required to make a soft smooth consistency.
4) Chill for at least an hour in the fridge before serving.