Lemon Bliss Balls
These zingy lemon bliss balls are a great snack and perfect in the lunchbox!
- 1 cup of cashew nuts or sunflowers seeds (or a mixture)
- 1 cup of dates
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
How to make:
1) Place the nuts/sunflower seeds into a food processor. I use my Kenwood Multipro Excel for this.
2) Add the chia seeds, coconut and dates to the food processor, blend until the mixture starts to look like fine breadcrumbs.
3) Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and blend until you get the desired consistency. If the dates were quite dry, you may need to add an extra tbsp of water or so to get a soft enough mixture to roll.
4) Take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into small balls, roll in coconut if you like.
5) Ideally store in the fridge to keep them fresher for longer.
This recipe makes a chunky style bliss ball, if you prefer a smoother mixture, chop the dates and soak them in 2-3 tbsp of boiling water for 5 minutes before adding them to the food processor.
For 20% off any Kenwood appliances or attachments during 2020, use the promo code CLAIRE2020 at the check-out when you order here.