Nutrition boost muffins.
These super tasty muffins have no added sugar and the goodness of both fruit and veggies.
- 1/3 cup oil (e.g. Canola/rice bran/olive)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened/natural yoghurt
- 1½ cups mashed bananas (approx. 3 large bananas)
- 1 cup of grated courgette (approx. 1 large courgette)
- 1 cup of grated carrot (approx. 1 large carrot)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon & 1tsp mixed spice (or 2 tsp of either if you don’t have both)
- ½ cup high grade, wholemeal or alternative flour of your choice
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sultanas or raisins
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius and either grease a 12 hole muffin tray or put muffin cases into a 12 hole tray. I like to use a silicone muffin tray to avoid the muffins sticking. Alternatively you can use muffin liners.
- Grate the carrot and courgette. I use either the food processor attachment on my Kenwood Chef to make the grating super quick and easy. Remove the excess moisture by squeezing them both in a paper towel or a clean tea towel.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together. For best results, I make these muffins in my Kenwood Chef using the K-beater blade to mix on a medium speed.
- Fill 12 muffin cases and then bake for around 15 mins, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Enjoy!