Pea and Mint Hummus
A delicious dip which is perfect with crackers or chopped veggies for a healthy snack or to serve to friends and family along with other healthy nibbles!
- 1.5 cups frozen edamame beans, defrosted* (or frozen peas or use a combo of both)
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 2 heaped tbsps tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Handful of mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
How to make:
Serve it up:
Serve with chopped veggies, wholegrain crackers or wholemeal pita bread wedges.
You can use frozen peas if you prefer
You can also add a small amount of reduced fat feta cheese to this if you like
*You will find edamame beans in the frozen section of the supermarket next to the other frozen vegetables. The most common brand on the market is Mama San. Look for the SHELLED version to save you time!