Rainbow Power Salad
There is always time to enjoy a good salad!!
This is one of my all time favourite salad recipes and it just looks too good. Nutrition wise, it is fantastic for you too with the goodness of different coloured veggies along with vitamin C packed parsley! There is also a dose of heart healthy fats and extra fibre from the seeds.
Ingredients: (serves 6-8)
- 2 large beetroot peeled and grated
- 3 large carrots peeled and grated
- 2 courgettes grated
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes (200g) – chopped in half
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- Handful of parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How to make it:
- Place the the parsley into the Kenwood food processor bowl and blitz until finely chopped
- Remove the blade and place the coarse grating blade into the top of the food processor then put the lid back on. Turn to a medium speed and then add the carrots, followed by the beetroot until all the vegetables have been grated.
- Place the grated carrot, beetroot and chopped parsley onto a platter, mix the dressing ingredients together and then pour over the salad
- Top with nuts and seeds if you like a little extra crunch!
- Enjoy as a main for lunch or dinner with grilled chicken, lean meat, fish, tofu, a boiled egg or pulses
- Serve as a side salad with a main meal