Seedy High Fibre Bread
A delicious soft seedy loaf, packed with fibre and healthy fats that add lots of extra nutrition!
Makes: 1 Loaf
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus rising
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 7g sachet (1½ tsp) fast action dried yeast
- 310ml lukewarm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 450g high grade or strong white flour
- 1¼ cups of seeds in total, the mix I enjoy is:
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
How to make using a kitchen machine and dough hook. I use my Kenwood Chef for this.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl
- Set the dough hook to the minimum speed to combine and form a soft dough
- Set a timer for 1 minute and knead on medium speed, then set a timer for 8 minutes and knead on speed 1 until smooth and elastic.
- Remove the bowl, cover with lightly oiled clear film and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Using the dough hook on minimum speed for 30-60 seconds gently knead the dough to knock back. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and shape.
- Place into an oiled loaf tin and cover with oiled clear film and leave to rise for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
For 20% off any Kenwood appliance in 2020, use the promo code CLAIRE2020 when shopping here