Speedy One Pot Chinese Chicken
Easy and low stress meals are so good right now, and this one is a winner!!
Ready in 20 mins. You could easily make this vegetarian by using veg stock, leaving out the chicken and adding stir fried tofu or tempeh.
- 2 cups chicken stock, salt reduced
- 2-3 slices of fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3/4 cup rice (I used basmati)
- Sliced chilli or chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tray boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed off, each chopped into 4-6 pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1.5 cups frozen peas
How to make:
1) Heat stock in a non stick pan and add ginger, garlic and chilli.
2) Add rice and chicken thighs, stir then cook for 10 minutes over a low heat.
3) Add broccoli and peas, cook for about 5-8 mins until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through. Add a splash of extra water if needed. Keep an eye on it and stir occasionally so the bottom doesn’t burn.
4) Remove the chunks of ginger and discard.
5) Serve with a splash of reduced salt soy sauce and maybe a squeeze of hot chilli sauce too!