Here are 3 delicious ways to enjoy nature’s sweet treat!!!
1) REAL FRUIT ICE CREAM
Freeze equal portions of strawberries and banana. When frozen blend together to make a delicious creamy all fruit ice cream! I used my Kenwood Food Processor to make the ice cream.
Tip…always freeze bananas WITHOUT the skin on them, pop them in a freezer bag.
2) STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp of sugar per 2 cup strawberries (optional)
Cook strawberries slowly in a pan with a squeeze lemon juice (and sugar, if using) until they are soft (8-10mins) then blitz up to make a sauce! I used my awesome Kenwood Triblade hand blender for this. I have my sauce in a jar in the fridge and use it with yoghurt or you can pour over vanilla icecream 😉
3) CHICKEN, MANGO & STRAWBERRY SALAD 🥗
- 1 large bag of mixed salad leaves/mesclun
- 2 free-range chicken breasts – grilled or lightly pan-fried, cooled then shredded (or you can use a free-range hot chicken if you can get one from the supermarket)
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 3 large tomatoes cut into chunks
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 1 /2 fresh mango peeled and sliced or 1 can of mango drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced into thin slices
Mix all the ingredients together and there you go – easy as that!
Click here for some more delicious strawberries recipes!