Super Tasty Tempeh Bowl
Looking for some new inspiration for dinner? This is it!
A tasty twist on the popular poke bowls that are all the rage right now and ready in minutes.
Tempeh is made from fermented soybeans and is packed with protein (100g serve has 23g protein) as well as iron, zinc and magnesium. You can buy it in the supermarket next to tofu. It’s got a nutty flavour and can be used in all sorts of ways. It’s a great option for a meat free meal.
- Rice (the 90 second brown rice and quinoa pots are great if short on time)
- Grated carrot
- Chopped baby spinach, but you could use any salad greens
- Cucumber sticks
- Avocado (optional of course depending on the price! A few seeds would be good as an alternative)
- Sauerkraut – I added this for a dose of healthy bacteria to my dinner!
- Mayo drizzle (I mixed 1 tbsp of mayo in a mug with 1 tbsp boiling water to make a dressing)
You might like to try marinading the tempeh in low salt soy sauce, ginger and garlic then pan frying with a few chilli flakes for extra flavour, then just add to the bowl with all the other ingredients – and enjoy!
You can find more tempeh recipes here.
Looking to get your healthy habits on track and get the results you have been looking for? Check out ‘It’s a Beautiful Day’ planner, the perfect tool to help you look and feel your best!