Veg and Chickpea Curry
If you’re trying to save money and relying on pantry items give this tasty, all in one curry a go. It costs less than $2.50 per serve!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 large potato/kumara or wedge of pumpkin, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1.5 cups peas or corn or any frozen veg
- 2 cups water or reduced salt stock
- 2 tbsp curry powder or curry paste
How to make:
- Fry onion, carrot and curry powder/paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the peas/corn and cook for 20-30mins until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas/corn and cook for another 5 mins.
You could serve with rice or just enjoy on its own. You can adapt this as you like – use any canned legumes and any veg, fresh, canned or frozen. Dont like curry? Just leave the spices out!