Kiwifruit and Greens Smoothie
Here’s one of my favourite go-to smoothie recipes!
When you’re making a smoothie adding veggies as well as fruit means you get a good dose of vitamins and minerals, without too much sugar. When you are making a smoothie, keep to 1 handful of fruit per serving and where you can, add in veg.
This smoothie is packed with the goodness of greens balanced out with a kiwifruit and ½ a banana for natural sweetness as well as making it nice and thick!
I blended this up with the help of my Kenwood Chef using the Blend-Xtract attachment. This amazing machine comes with over 20 attachments so you can do all sorts of things like spiralising, making your own pasta, mincing, juicing and more!
This immunity boosting smoothie is a perfect pick-me-up to add to your day throughout winter.
- 2 handfuls spinach, well washed
- 1 1/2 cups chilled water or coconut water
- 1/2 banana, peeled and chopped into small pieces (ideally frozen)
- 1–2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
How to make:
- In a blender or food processor, blend the spinach and chilled water or coconut water thoroughly.
- Add the chopped banana and kiwifruit.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water if you like.
- Serve with ice.
• You can use green or golden kiwifruit in this recipe.