Sunflower Seed Cookies
Looking for a nut-free healthy lunch box snack for your kids that you will LOVE for afternoon tea yourself too?
Well, you are going to love this recipe. These cookies are nut-free, wheat-free and dairy-free but NOT flavour-free!
- 1 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate drops/chips
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the sunflower seeds into a food processor (my Kenwood Chef is perfect for the job!) and pulse until the consistency of fine breadcrumbs.
- Add brown sugar and chia seeds and pulse briefly to combine.
- Add egg and egg white, baking powder and vanilla extract. Pulse again to combine.
- Remove the lid of the food processor amd the blade and stir through the chocolate chips.
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto a tray (makes 15-20) and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!