Chia Seed Focaccia
Looking for a healthier loaf that’s easy to make yourself?
Good news, you don’t need a breadmaker to create the perfect loaf at home! This quick, easy recipe will come out of the oven perrrFECT! With the addition of chia seeds it is much higher in fibre than your standard white focaccia. With 6 rounded tablespoons of chia seeds in the recipe, the 2 loaves it makes have as much fibre as 12 cups of veggies. NICE.
Ready to get baking? Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1kg high grade flour
- 20g dry yeast
- 20g salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 900 ml tepid water
- 6 rounded tbsp of chia seeds
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
How to make:
- Add the first five ingredients into a large bow, mix together then knead for around 5 minutes (I use the dough hook that comes with the Kenwood Chef to make this job super easy.
- Place the kneaded dough into an oiled bowl and cover with cling film or a tea towel. Leave in a warm place to double in size. I normally leave overnight for at least 4-6 hours.
- When the dough has risen, knock it back to remove some of the air and then sprinkle over the chia seeds and knead them into the dough until evenly spread.
- Transfer the dough onto a generously floured board, divide into 2, put each half onto a lined baking try and shape into the classic focaccia shape then leave to rise for another hour or two.
- When the dough has risen, splash with olive oil and any additional flavours you would like to add – chopped herbs, olives and sundried tomatoes all work well.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes. It will look cooked after 30 minutes but keep baking it until golden brown!