Nutty Apple Crumble
Crumble for breakfast?! Well yes!
This is not your average crumble though to be fair. It’s a super healthy version, which is just so good and tasty you wouldn’t believe that it is so healthy!
- ¾ cup of unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 apple washed and grated (skin on)
- 1-2 tbsp of rolled oats or muesli
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2-3 walnuts or almonds – chopped or 2tbsp of seeds
- Optional: 1 tsp of runny honey
How to make it:
- Spoon the yoghurt into a bowl and place the grated apple on top
- Sprinkle the oats and cinnamon over the yoghurt and apple
- Add the chopped nuts/seeds and optional drizzle of honey
- Stir it all together or eat as it is – however you prefer!
You can use grated pear instead of grated apple
Try stewed apple or pear instead of grated
FABULOUS things about this recipe:
It is made with unsweetened yoghurt which means you get all the goodness of protein without the added sugar. Look for a yoghurt with less than 1.3g sat fat/100g.
Rolled oats – perfect to add to your breakfast and no cooking required. Packed with fibre which is great to keep things moving through, they make the breakfast more filling and also are helpful for those managing high cholesterol.
Cinnamon – spices are all round winners to add flavour the healthy way.
Nuts and seeds – packed full of healthy fats, great for your heart as well as helpful for healthy skin, hair and nails.